Nureva has determined that standard off-the-shelf Dante adapters work with the HDL300 and Dual HDL300 when connected, as shown in this article.
To get started, first check that the HDL300 is up-to-date and set up correctly:
On the Connect Module and PC
- Connect a USB-A to USB-B cable from your laptop to the Connect Module
- Download and run
- Register the HDL300 system following the on-screen instructions
In Nureva Console client
- From the left-hand menu, select System Information
- If a firmware update is available, click on Update
- From the left-hand menu, choose Device settings
- Change to Mic level
- Ensure Sleep Mode is set to OFF
- Auxiliary ports
- Disconnect the connect module from your laptop and remove the USB cable.
- Connect the PoE cable (provided) to the RJ45-1 port on the connect module to the rear port on the HDL300 system
- Plug in the 54VDC power supply
Unbalanced signal solution
A Dante audio network can be connected to the HDL300 system using the 3.5 mm Auxiliary in/out ports on the connect module connected to the stereo output & inputs (respectively). Low noise and low distortion are key to the HDL300 system's performance. Nureva recommends the RDL SysFlex® SF-BNC2 Bidirectional Network Converter.
Balanced signal solution
The HDL300 system is also compatible with balanced audio systems using different off-the-shelf converters. Nureva has tested this solution with Dante's Audinate AES3 (Dante AVIO), which is a two-channel analog input adapter. For the line converter, Nureva recommends the Rolls MB15b Promatch converter (3.5mm/XLR) for stereo balanced line-level control.
NOTE: The Nureva Aux In / Out connections are single-ended, unbalanced signals with default maximum output signals as given in the table below. Any equipment requiring voltages below these levels may result in clipping, distortion, and in extreme cases, damage to connected systems. Equipment requiring voltages above these levels will not be adequately driven by the HDL300 system’s output signal and may result in quiet / no audio on the channel. Before connecting to the Nureva Connect Module, ensure the third-party device voltage levels are adequate or adjusted properly by additional interfacing hardware.
NOTE: The technical information provided in this article, including specifications and recommendations, is provided for customer convenience. The accuracy of this information is not guaranteed and is subject to change without notice. Please check the user manuals and related documentation from each product manufacturer to ensure that your setup meets the proper recommendations.