The CV30 camera features automated tracking that uses the 4K image sensor, 84O field of view (FOV) and electronic pan, tilt, zoom (ePTZ) capability to maintain the view of the instructor in the class. The instructor is able to move freely within the classroom view creating an enriched learning experience for the remote students.
The camera view is fixed or controlled by the remote.
The camera view will automatically adjust to maintain the view of the instructor.
Pressing the tracking button on the remote will turn the tracking feature on. The default settings for tracking are zoom limit 4x, tracking area top 2/3 view and default tracking mode. In the settings adjustments can be made to Zoom limit, Tracking mode and Tracking area.
Depending on the tracking mode, one person or multiple people in the view will be tracked at a time. The view of the camera will zoom, pan or tilt to track the selected people. When there is nobody in the tracking area the camera will zoom out to the Home view.
Please see the articles below for more information about using the remote control, setting tracking modes and adjusting the tracking area.
In scenarios where the presenter would like to move throughout the room and provide a more engaging environment, allow the camera to track the primary presentation area. This creates a dedicated presentation view for the remote participants as well as a more fluid and less restrictive experience
For scenarios when the local and remote participants need to focus solely on a dedicated area, pressing any of the preset camera buttons on the remote (1, 2 or 3) will stop tracking and switch to the specific preset view. Tracking can easily be enabled again by pressing the tracking buttons on the remote.
Adjusting tracking options in the on-screen display
Tracking can simply be turned on or off with the remote control. If you would like to adjust the default tracking options they are available within the on-screen display (OSD).
- To view the on-screen display (OSD) the camera must be active
- Open an application that accesses the camera
- Once the application launches the camera view should be visible
- If there are multiple cameras connected to the computer ensure that the CV30 is active
- Press Menu on the remote to launch on the OSD
- Navigate to Settings and press the Home button or the Right arrow on the remote to enter the settings section
- Once in the settings menu, the Zoom limit, Tracking mode and Tracking area settings will be available
Tracking ON / OFF
Press Menu on the remote to launch on the onscreen display.
Navigate down to the settings
- Press the tracking button again on the remote to turn off tracking and return the camera to the full view.
- Press any of the preset buttons if presets have been defined. The view of the camera
- Press the home button on the remote will return the camera to the full view.
The camera will look for a person to track within the full view of the camera. When the camera tracking is set to full there is a higher chance that a student's movement may be tracked.
Top 2/3 (Default)
The camera will look for a person who is visible in the top 2/3's of the full camera view.
The camera will look for a person who is visible in the top half of the full camera view.
NOTE: The images shown in this article are for representational purposes only.