The sound location device API shares accurate data collected by Nureva audio conferencing systems to be shared with third-party cameras. This integration allows the cameras to steer their views based on the microphone pickup in the room. This integration can also be used to automatically switch between cameras in a multi-camera room.
What is sound location data and why is it helpful?
Microphone MistTM technology provides clear and consistent full-room microphone pickup. By filling a space with thousands of virtual microphones, Nureva can provide accurate location data for where people are talking within the room. Sound location data is used by third-party cameras to steer the camera views to allow remote participants to easily follow conversations and see who is speaking.
Required before you start
- Nureva HDL300 or Dual HDL300 audio conferencing system
- Firmware version 3.1.9 or newer
- Nureva Console desktop client version 2.6.201042 or newer
- A third-party camera with integration software that supports camera tracking
NOTE: This is a local integration. Using the Nureva Console cloud application is not required.
How to enable camera tracking integration
- Launch the Nureva Console desktop client
- The connected Nureva audio conferencing system will be automatically detected
- From the Devices dashboard, scroll down to the Integrations section
- Open the Camera tracking menu
- Enable Camera tracking by sliding the toggle to the right
- Once Camera tracking is enabled, a notification will indicate that the feature is active
Configure third-party camera software
- With camera tracking enabled, the integration settings in Nureva Console client are available
- Copy the host name and port number into the third-party camera integration software
- The default port number is 8931
- A different port number can be entered in place of the default
- Local computer connections are allowed by default
- Additional host names and IP addresses can also be entered to expand the list
- Added host names and IP addresses can be removed by clicking on the ⊗ next to the entry
- If Nureva Console client is unable to start camera tracking integration
- A red notification with issue details will be shown at the top of the device page
- Verify that the port is not already being used
- If the port is already in use, enter a valid port number that is not in use
- If Nureva Console client is not reporting any errors, but camera tracking is not functional
- Consult with the third-party camera's technical support
- If additional assistance is needed, contact the Nureva support team
- Enable Camera tracking integrations by sliding the toggle to the "on" position
- Copy the host name and put that into the third-party camera software
- Copy the port and put that into the third-party camera's software
- Allow additional host names or IP addresses to have access to this device’s data
Sound tracking device API guide
Nureva’s sound location device API is a local service running within Nureva Console software. The local service monitors and reports sound location as registered by Nureva audio conferencing systems to any connected client. The server provides a simple set of APIs that allow clients to connect, query device information and receive streaming sound location events.
NOTE: By downloading, accessing or using the API guide, as well as authorizing or permitting any individual to access or use the API guide, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the Application Developer and API Agreement.