Is the HDL300 system compatible with SMART SRS solutions?
Yes. Connecting the HDL300 system with SMART SRS, models 8084i or 8055i, is as simple as connecting the two systems and re-configuring the default audio device. Follow the instructions below to learn how.
Connecting the systems
Connect the HDL300 system's connect module USB cable to one of the USB-A ports on the AM70-L appliance on a SMART SRS system.
Configuring the default audio device
- Reboot the SMART SRS device and log in as an administrator
- Go to System Settings → Network Connections
- The popup window that appears will have an address bar at the top. Replace the content in the address bar with the following Windows command:
- Press [Enter]. The Sound control pop-up window will appear.
- Within the sound control panel, select Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (HDL300) and make it the default audio "Playback" and "Recording" devices
- If available, also make Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (HDL300) the "Default communication device"
- Click Apply
- Click OK
- Reboot the system and log in normally
Your SMART SRS system will now use the HDL300 as the default device for all UC&C conference calls and/or media playback.
Last updated: September 3, 2019
What can we do to improve this article?