March 10, 2019 - R12 software update
On Sunday March 10, 2019 Span Workspace was updated!
The following are some of the new features that are available:
- Content import feature – users can import a PDF document (single or multi-page) into Span Workspace from the web client
- Additional note functions – users can change the size of the text on a note. Users are also able to both draw on and add text to a note. Additionally, it's possible to pin notes and sketches to the canvas, plus hide and unhide all pins.
- Invite guests feature – canvas owners can share their canvases with someone who is not a member of the canvas manager's subscription. The guest can access canvases they’re invited to without needing to be a part of a subscription. It's possible to assign guests view, contribute or edit permission levels.
- Dwell menu improvements – the dwell menu now appears faster when using the wall client
- Email invitation optional – canvas owners can choose whether or not to send an email invitation when they invite others to a canvas
- Personal tray refresh – the tray in the web client is smaller when minimized, leaving more space for users to work on their canvas
- Single sign-on with Okta™ and Ping Federate® – organizations can use Okta or Ping in addition to Azure® Active Directory® for identity management and single sign-on configurations. Once linked to Okta or Ping, Span Workspace users can access their account through the same single sign-on action they use to access other applications.
- The content import function is only available in the web client
- Guests only have access to canvases they've been invited to and do not have the ability to create canvases
- PDF documents containing pages with different orientations may experience distortions to ink and annotations drawn on the pages
Work continues to resolve all known issues and minimize their impact on the use of Span Workspace. Further information and instructional documentation, including animated GIFs, are available on our customer support portal or through the Guide Me feature within Span Workspace. If you have questions regarding the update process or features in Span Workspace, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.