Removing user and admin accounts
Remove users from a Span Workspace subscription.
Administrators are responsible for allocating the licenses available within the software subscription. The administrator has the ability to remove users, edit accounts, and reassign available accounts. All administrative tasks are completed using a compatible browser. Removing a user from the subscription will remove them from all canvases.
If the user being removed is the only user with "manage" permissions,
Canvases with participants: You will be prompted to give a different user manage permissions to those canvases from the list of participants. For education subscriptions, every canvas requires teacher supervision and must have at least one teacher with manage permissions.
Canvases with no other participants: The canvases will be deleted automatically unless another user is assigned permissions to manage canvases before the user is removed.
- Go to span.nureva.com and log in to your account
- If you do not have a user account, logging in will bring you directly to your subscriptions. If you have a user account, click your name on the right corner and select Subscriptions from the drop-down menu.
- Click Users
- Click the menu next to the user you wish to remove and select Remove.
Once a user has been removed, the license becomes available to be assigned to another user. Content in canvases that the user had previously contributed to is not affected by the removal of their account.
Before you delete a user it's possible to transfer any canvases they manage to another user.
- From the Subscriptions page select Users
- Open the user's three-dot menu and select View canvases
- Next to the canvas that you'd like to transfer, click Add manager
Keep in mind, "Add manager" will only appear for canvases the user manages.
- Select a user from the dropdown list
- Click OK
Last updated: May 13, 2020
What can we do to improve this article?