Sharing your canvas ►
Share your canvas with:
- Individual users within your subscription for Nureva™ Span™ Workspace
- Groups of users within your software subscription
- Guests (persons without a Span account or within your subscription)
To share your canvas across subscriptions, see our Share your canvas across subscriptions article.
Anyone added to the canvas becomes a canvas participant. It's possible to restrict the participants' permission levels by assigning each participant with one of the following roles:
Pan and zoom
Move, edit and delete items
|Invite others and assign roles|
Share with users
To share your canvas, tap the Share
icon at the top of your screen if you are working on a personal device, or at the bottom of the screen if you are working at the wall. The number beside the Share icon indicates how many participants the canvas has been shared with.Share with an individual user
If one of your Span Administrators has enabled sharing cross subscriptions, you can share your canvas with a user in a different subscription by following the steps below.
- Type the user's name into the search field or tap Users to view the list of users in your subscription
- Tap the button to add a user from the search field, or select the user(s) you wish to add from the Users list and tap Add
- Use the drop-down menu beside the name to change the participant's role. You can edit a user's role at any time by clicking the Share icon.
- If you are sharing your canvas via the web client, you have the option of adding a custom message. This message will be included in the notification email to the user.
- Tap Share. The users will receive an email letting them know they have been added to the canvas.
Share with a group of users
- Tap the Groups icon
- Select the group(s) of users you wish to share your canvas with
- Tap Add
- To view the specific users within the group, use the drop-down arrow beside the group name
- If you are sharing your canvas using the web client, you have the option of adding a custom message. This message will be included in the notification email to the user
Users added as a group cannot be given "manage" permissions. To give a user manage permissions, they must be individually added to the canvas.
Share with a guest
- Type the guest's email address into the "Invite" field
- Tap the Add button
- If you are sharing your canvas using the web client, you have the option to add a custom message. This message will be included in the notification email to the user.
- Once you have added all the users and guests you want to share the canvas with, tap Share
Guests will receive an email inviting them to create an account. If they already have an account, they will receive a notification email with access to the canvas. Once a guest has created an account and accessed the canvas, that person will be able to view, edit and contribute to the canvas, depending on the permission level assigned to them.
Guests cannot be given the "Manage" role
Before you can share a canvas across your subscriptions, this feature must be enabled by a Span Workspace administrator.
Remove a participant or group from your canvas
- Tap the Share icon. This icon is at the top of your screen if you're working on a device, and the bottom of the screen if you're working on the wall.
- Tap the x next to the participant or group to remove those users from the canvas
- Tap Save Changes
- Tap OK
Last updated: December 13, 2018