Creating a text box
Create text boxes to use more words than a note. Text boxes can also be resized to create titles and categories for your canvas.
Create text boxes from:
- The Span web client using a certified mobile browser
- The Span web client using a certified computer browser
- Span Workspace wall client
You can also create text boxes by copying and pasting text onto your canvas.
Create a text box
On the web
- Select Text from the toolbar
- Either type the words or copy and paste them into the box. Select a new font color if you wish.
Text boxes are limited to 2000 characters.
- The text box will automatically be added to your tray. The items in your tray are visible only to you. You can edit the text while it is still in your tray by double clicking it. Once you drag and drop your text box onto the canvas, it becomes visible to all the canvas participants.
Alternatively, access the dwell menu by right-clicking the canvas in the web client. This action will skip adding the sketch to your tray, and instead place it directly on the canvas.
On the wall
Add a text box from the menu
- Press and hold your finger or stylus on the canvas to bring up the menu
- Tap Text
- Double-tap the text box to open the edit window. Add text and change the font color if you wish.
Include emojis using the Span keyboard
- Tap Done to close the editing box
Copy and paste text directly onto the wall
- Tap the applications icon on the far right of the canvas menu bar to get access to your files, applications and Internet browsers
- Open the document or web page with the text you wish to add to your canvas and copy the text
- Press and hold your stylus or finger on the wall to bring up the menu
- Click Paste. This will add the text you copied onto the canvas in a text box.
If the copied text has less than 75 characters, a note will be automatically created
Edit a text box
Use the quick tools bar to
— open the edit box
— duplicate the text box
— pin or unpin the text box to the canvas
— change the text color
— open the link (will only appear if a hyperlink has been added to the text box)
Use the three-dot menu on the top right corner to
- Edit text: Open the editing box. You can also double-tap to open the editing box
- Pin: Attach the text box to the canvas background and prevent it from being moved. To undo pinning, open the menu again and select Unpin.
- Duplicate: Create a duplicate of the text box
- Font color: Select a new font color
- Delete: Delete the text box from the canvas. This action cannot be undone.
- Add link: Add a hyperlink (which will change to "Open link" if there's a hyperlink already attached)
You can also access the three-dot menu by right-clicking the text box on the web, or pressing and holding in the wall software.
Last updated: November 18, 2018